Paratransit and inclement weather
Weather-related service changes
Since Paratransit mirrors CTTRANSIT's Bristol and New Britain local buses, when those services are modified on account of weather, so, too, is paratransit. It is the responsibility of paratransit riders or their guardians to stay informed about weather-related service changes. For notifications about service changes, please monitor CTTRANSIT's web site or your local news. As a rule:
- Should CTTRANSIT be canceled, Paratransit will also be canceled.
- Should CTTRANSIT be delayed, Paratransit will also be delayed. All trips set to occur when bus service is delayed will be canceled. However, any trips that begin after the resumption of service (e.g., return trips in the late morning or afternoon) will not be cancelled. It is your responsibility to contact First Transit (at 1-855-223-0653) if you decide to cancel your return trip to avoid being charged a "no-show."
- Should CTTRANSIT stop early, Paratransit will also stop early. Efforts will be made to bring you home early.
Facility cancelations, delayed openings, and early closings
Inclement weather can also affect destinations served by Paratransit. It is the responsibility of Paratransit riders to stay informed about changes to opening hours at locations they wish to visit. In general:
- If you are traveling to a location that is closed, you must call First Transit to cancel your trip.
- If you are traveling to a location that has a delayed opening and you would normally arrive before the delayed opening time, you will not be transported. However, any trips scheduled for the afternoon will not be cancelled. It is your responsibility to contact First Transit if you decide to cancel your afternoon trip to avoid being charged a "no-show."
- If you are at a location that has an early closing, your pick-up time will not be changed. Only when the schedule permits will efforts be made to pick you up earlier. It is up to you to contact First Transit to inquire if an earlier pick-up time is possible. Otherwise First Transit will arrive at the scheduled pick-up time.